Friday, May 1, 2015

Bench Mural #1 in Portland Oregon

I scored an art easement via Alberta Art Works to paint two benches infront of Anna Bananas in the Alberta arts district of Portland Oregon.  So far I have painted one of the two bench murals.

Here is the finished bench:


And some process photos: 

This is a small acrylic concept painting on paper that Alberta Art Works approved for painting

I then prepped the bench surface with primer and began to lay a base coat of color down with acrylic spray paint. Once that was dry I began to line out the mural with a paint brush.

Then I began to block in all the colors, highlights and shadow.

Lastly, I added detail and went back over with black refining the lines. 

I also made a lil video out of footage Danny took of me painting the bench. Check out that vid here on my youtube channel. Hope you enjoy!

Big thanks to Alberta Art Works for facilitating this mural project. Collage, thank you for donating the mural paint! And thank you, Anna Bannanas for the wonderful community atmosphere on that lil corner of PDX.

I will be painting my 2nd bench mural next Saturday and I can hardly wait! I will be sure to take lots of photos and video to share with you, so stay tuned.


Much love and light,
- Chelsea Rose


No comments:

Post a Comment