Friday, July 13, 2012

New Painting: The Deepest Garden

Happy Friday the 13th!

Just wanted to share my newest acrylic painting with you:

The Deepest Garden

"The Deepest Garden"
12"x16"
original acrylic painting on canvas by Chelsea Rose

The painting was inspired by Man Ray's famous photograph, A l'Heure de l'Observatoire: les Amoureux.
An interesting quote by the man himself:
""I paint what cannot be photographed, that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence." — Undated interview, circa 1970s; published in Man Ray: Photographer, 1981."


In other news, tomorrow I will be down at the Portland Saturday Market selling my art.

Portland Saturday Market Booth
Its been awhile since I have done the market. I have been focusing so much on my Goddess body art photography series that most every weekend has been dedicated to those pursuits.

Blessings,
-Chelsea Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment