Friday, September 2, 2011

Elephantress - new painting, Work In Progress photos and more

Hello all,
Just stoppin in to share with you the first few glimpses of my new painting during its process of creation:
Elephantress WIP
art table 09 01 2011
This piece is inspired by Lakshmi, the Hindu Goddess of wealth, light, prosperity, fortune, generosity and more. I always referred to her as the 'Elephant Goddess' which is incorrect....but she is usually depicted as a fresh faced goddess with many arms holding lotuses, surounded by elephants. So, you can see where I drew inspiration for this character. The green background works well with the themes of fortune and fertility too.
Excited to begin this painting...looking forward to working more on it soon!

Here is my original pen and ink drawing of her:
Elephantress
(original pen and ink drawing by Chelsea Rose)
....I do have 5"x7" prints avilaible of her for $7 here.

In other news, this weekend Danny Ebru and I will be out sellin our art down at the Portland Saturday Market:
Portland Saturday Market
Come look for us, chat a spell and maybe, just maybe grab up some art while your at it!

I do so hope your summer has been enjoyable.
Much love and light,
-Chelsea Rose

1 comment:

  1. I love her little trunk snuggly! this is beautiful, and very fresh, love it!

    ReplyDelete