Monday, June 6, 2011

Live Body Painting at Theoria Gallery and more!

Its been so long since my last post... rather shameful, I know. But I hope to make up for it by posting lots of photos today!

On Saturday night I did a live body painting at the Theoria Gallery in NE Portland Oregon. The event was an art opening with lots of live space gypsy music, fire dancers, jugglers...and I pitched in to the artly madness with some live body painting.
Here are some photos from the experience:

Ekstasius, The Bright
(body painting by Chelsea Rose Rippel, Photography by Danny)

Ekstasius, The Bright
(body painting by Chelsea Rose Rippel, Photography by Danny)

Ekstasius, The Bright
(body painting by Chelsea Rose Rippel, Photography by Danny)

Ekstasius, The Bright
(body painting by Chelsea Rose Rippel, Photography by Danny)

Ekstasius, The Bright
(body painting by Chelsea Rose Rippel, Photography by Danny)

Ekstasius, The Bright
(body painting by Chelsea Rose Rippel, Photography by Danny)

And some work in progress photos:

Live body painting @ Theoria Gallery

Live body painting @ Theoria Gallery
As seen here, I was painting just outside the gallery door. The gallery space within was quite small, cozy and full of wonderful art, atmosphere and people. Outside live music, fire dancers and jugglers whirled around us on the street. It was surreal, trippy and immense amounts of fun.

Live Body painting @ Theoria Gallery


.....And in other news:

- I am very excited to share with you a story a friend of mine wrote based on this painting of mine:
Mistress and the Orb
Michelle's short fiction story is called " I Hope You Make It." It is a wonderful story about healing....please do take a min to read here, you will feel brighter for it, I sure did :)

-I am a proud parent of some beautiful Shitake mushrooms. Home grown and organic of course!
Shitake woman
...using in home grow kits from Fungi Perfecti !

-And finally, two quick shots of my set up at last weekends Dark Arts craft fair inside The LoveCraft bar:
Dark Arts craft fair
Dark Arts craft fair

....Thats all folks! Phew....had a lot to catch up on didn't I?
And its June already? How has your muse been treating you lately?

Much love and blessings,
-Chelsea Rose

4 comments:

  1. These photographs and the body painting is so beautiful, congratulations I really like this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love the photos. And I love that pic of you with the mushrooms, it's so YOU. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beauty you are bringing into the world! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea you are an inspiration! Thank you for updating, it's made me smile and encouraged me ^_^

    Loving the shitake picture!

    ReplyDelete