Monday, December 27, 2010

Messy Art room, New screen print shirts and holiday creations

So that three day weekend was greatly appreciated.
I didn't do much other then watch movies, munch out on home made cookies, Cheddar biscuits and samosas but i did manage to start a new painting!
Messy art room
...you can see the very beginnings of my new acrylic piece in this photo. Its going to have lots of purples and blues, it would seem. You might also notice what a mess my painting corner is. The entire art room needs a good cleaning and re organizing. Hopefully i can get to that soon. i feel like i can create much more smoothly with a nice fresh, organized area. The clutter gets a lil too chaotic after awhile.

In other news, we have produced some new silkscreen print shirts which have now been released for sale in our etsy shop:
om
Radiant Om
hand made/hand printed by Lucid Optic Lab
silkscreen print on 100% cotton T-Shirt
Available in size Large(44" bust) and Medium(40" bust)
Please specify size upon purchase.
available for $20.
see the sale listing here.

justice!
Justice Together
Hand made/hand printed by Lucid Optic Lab
available for $20
see the sale listing here


Buddha silkscreen print shirt
Blue Buddha silkscreen print shirt
hand made/hand printed by Lucid Optic Lab
silkscreen print on 100% cotton T-Shirt
Available in size Large(44" bust) and Medium(40" bust)
Please specify size upon purchase.
available for $20
see the sale listing here


Perception Mandala
hand made/hand printed by Lucid Optic Lab
silkscreen print on 100% cotton T-Shirt
Available in size Large(44" bust) and Medium(40" bust)
Please specify size upon purchase.
available for $20
see the sale listing here

...so yes! Lots of new hand made/hand printed silkscreen shirts up for grabs.

We have been super busy between the Goddess in All of Us art opening, printing new shirts and creating for the Holidays.
I tried my hand at silk painting for the first time:
My silk painting experiment
It was really fun. I painted 10 of these scarves. I enjoyed the way the silk paint seemed to spread like watercolor. I used an oil gutta resist to create the line work. I did dislike how fumey and toxic the gutta was so i think i will try the water based resist next time. All in all...it was a fun project!

So i guess thats all the updates i have for now.
How was your solstice? Your holiday weekend?

Much love,
-Chelsea Rose

4 comments:

  1. I love the new acrylic painting and the colorful scarves...I've been down with a cold but it was a quiet nice several days...I worked on some crocheted fingerless gloves for friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've been creating, it all looks lovely & the silk painting especially looks a lot of fun.

    It's been a quiet one here, done a bit of drawing again after a long abstinence; plus my usual crochet frenzy. With love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the silk scarves are amazing , Happy New year to you Chelsea, look forward to more of your creations 2011 :-)

    ReplyDelete