Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Goddess Live on Kboo Radio, Etsy and Art Opening News

We are just a day away from my Goddess in All of Us body art photography gallery opening and I am pleased to say everything is falling nicely into place.

Goddess in All of Us - art show

I had a true blast yesterday morning... Danny, Tiffany Ruth and I were interviewed live on Kboo Oregon Community Radio "Art Focus" hosted by Eva Lake all about the up coming Goddess exhibit and more!

You can take a listen to the recording of our live radio interview here.

It was a thrilling to speak live on the radio. It featured me, Danny and Tiffany talking about the art opening coming this Thursday. We also got into some interesting discussions about "what is the goddess", "what is outsider art", talked about the collective conscience, talked about breakin down the negative stigmas associated to body/spirit connection that have been created in this modern world to keep us caged... lots more and all in 30 mins! haha
I am excited to see if doing this radio interview helped generate interest, i guess we will find out tomorrow!

I am also happy to announce I have released my Goddess In All Of Us art book on sale via our etsy shop:
Goddess In All Of Us art book sale
Goddess In All Of Us
the Body Art Photography of Chelsea Rose Rippel

Physical art book description:
size: 8" x 10"
Soft cover, "perfect bound"
contains 54 pages of the Goddess In All of Us body painting/photography series that Chelsea Rose created.
Book also includes, artist statement and introduction as well as a poem written by Chelsea Rose.
Each book comes signed by the artist Chelsea Rose
This is my first ever self published book.
Only 50 copies of the book were printed for this "First Edition" so get them while you still can!

The book is $50 plus shipping. Click here to view or to purchase my art book.

Last nugget of news, I ran into a lovely woman who is a supporter and collector of my artwork. We got to talking and planned that I will paint her from head to hips for my art opening and she will cruise around the event and serve wine to the guests. So there will be a live, living example of my body art walking around during the show! I think this will add an interesting preformance art element to the opening while giving people a better idea of what went on behind the making of my body art photographs.

So have I enticed you yet? Are you coming to the art opening?
I do so hope to see you there. I will also be selling and signing my art books.
I look forward to meeting and sharing my art series with you!

Best wishes and much love,
-Chelsea Rose

3 comments:

  1. If I lived in your state, I would so be there! Instead, I will join you in spirit. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful news! I'm so excited for you!!! I know you'll have an amazing reception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Chelsea,luv to be there to show my support but i'm snowed up thousands of miles away in frozen England! Im with Kelly and join you in spirit too :-)

    ReplyDelete