Monday, February 8, 2010

4th body painting photoshoot! + pics from Myth and Legend show

So this weekend was intense as predicted.
On Saturday i did my 4th body painting photo shoot with my model Amatta inside T.Ruth Artspace(portland oregon)
As seems to be the way it goes we started painting at 10:00am and didn't finish till around 3:00pm. Then we photographed till 5pm.
So far i have released two finished shots from the session:

Discovering Self
(body painting and photography by Chelsea Rose)

Discovering Self
(body painting and photography by Chelsea Rose)

....As per usual my model and I had a great time up in the loft at T.Ruth Artspace as i painted away. Danny took a few process shot photos for me to share:
Body painting in the loft
body painting in the T.Ruth loft
....I had run out of the paint i had originally used for my other 3 models during my last shoot, thus i had to use a different brand this time.
Instead of using snazaroo( which i couldn't find anywhere in Oregon) I ended up purchasing some Ben Nye face/body paint from a costume shop. Its a bit more expensive then the snazaroo but it seems to go on pretty nicely, also staying on a bit longer before beginning to crack and peal. I think i am still a fan of the snazaroo paint though.
...I think i am finally getting the hang of this body painting stuff. I say this because i was able to have enough time, during this session to stop and eat some lunch. This helped greatly to keep my energy flowing and when we were all done i didn't feel like a bag of bones/zombie.
I have two more shoots scheduled for this month. One for this weekend on Saturday, and then one next weekend on Saturday.

On Friday Danny and i went to the Myth and Legends art show artist reception and we were really impressed with the group show! I have three pieces in the show. It was neat to see where they ended up hanging my work:
Myth and Legend art show
Here i am standing with my Fae, original acrylic painting

Myth and Legend art show opening
Hangin out with my painting the Fish of Perception.
....Looking around at the artwork that was up you would have never guessed that this was a non juried art show. The artwork that people submitted were really intriguing interpretations of the theme "Myth and Legend". This was the first Myth and legend show and they plan on doing it Annually now since this was a great success.
The current show will be up for a month:
Myth and Legend
February 5-27, 2010
Artist Reception First Friday February 5. 5-9pm
North Bank Gallery
1005 Main st.
Vancouver, WA 98660
360-693-1840
11:30am-430:00p tues-sat

Danny and I also were able to get our artwork ready and submitted to the 5th Annual Portland Love show on Saturday, so that is another thing we were able to scratch off our list of things to do.
I loved Sunday. We got up and cooked a big breakfast of potatoes eggs and beans, sat around a lot and watched movies, i also managed to finish a painting( which i will take pics of today when i get home) and started a new one!
All in all it was a wonderfully productive weekend.
....and it feels like spring up here in portland! even the flowers are confused and shooting up green. Lets hope it stays that way.

Much love and best wishes to all!
-Chelsea Rose
ChelseaRoseArts.com

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You are so incredibly talented and neat! *^_^* Thanks for following little ole me. Cheers on your pieces being hung!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to stumble on your blog and website today - you are a fantastic artist! Thanks for creating as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee-loved your blog entry about the sea otters. us like minded folk gotta stick together and start the next revolution. :P

    SuperDylan- so glad you found me! thanks so much for your kind words and support. it always means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing body painting! Thanks for following me and i'll convo you soon with the interview questions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! looking forward to the interview, indeed :)

    ReplyDelete